Iguanodon bernissartensis

Copyright A V S Turner 2012
Iguanodon bernissartensis: Early Cretaceous (Barremian - Aptian), Belgium. One of the classic examples of the genus, which has experienced considerable taxonomic rearrangement in recent years. I. bernissartensis remains the measure against which all Iguanodon are measured. Ardeosaurus in the foreground.

I've been working on and off on this digital painting for about a year now & I'm relieved to say it's finally done! Iguanodons and Hadrosaurs are by far my favourite dinosaur subjects from a personal perspective, but I am happy to finally be able to put these two to bed after so many months of simply not having the spare time to work on them. I. bernissartensis is by no means a recent discovery, but well-deserving of its place in this palaeo-artist's 'bucket list' of desirable subjects!

Have I learned any special lessons from executing this particular painting? Yes: When contemplating the environment you're going to stick your subjects in, avoid bloody ferns at any cost!

Comments

Popular Posts